Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy 7 Months!

Six months seemed like a big milestone, but I think 7 months seems bigger. I'm closer to my 1-year birthday than I am to my actual "birth" day. The time between month 6 and 7 was certainly the biggest for change I think. Somehow during that 6th month I gained more and more of a personality. I'm not afraid to tell people when I want something, and then scream until I get it. While we're working on sign language for "milk" I find it's easier to just scream. It gets attention much faster. Beyond that, I've become a master sitter, master roller-over, master push-up artist. I can't crawl, but I pull my knees under me and rock. I'm telling stories on a regular basis now. And the louder the better, especially in church and at Target. I must be heard. The main characters are mainly "Bah, bah bah *breath* bah bah bah *breath* squeal, laugh, bah bah bah, repeat". I have no problem picking things up then throwing them, and I love to chew on everything that fits in my mouth (and on the sides of everything that don't). I love pulling hair - other peoples, not my own. My first two teeth have come in. I eat pretty much anything people put in my mouth, including lobster, risotto, ham, carrots...you name it. However, you can keep the avocado for yourself - I don't really like that. Just because Mom and Dad saw some 'beach baby' in Costa Rica that loved it doesn't mean that a lil' ol' midwestern girl is going to feel the same way. And for the big one - I now sleep through the night. Yes... it's been a big month for me. So many changes. So much growth. I can only guess that month 7 will produce as many new firsts and exciting changes! Stay tuned.


1 comment:

Anne said...

Hi Cora!

Wow! I have so much to look forward to this month, and I thought being six months old was good. My mom would really love to know how you manage the whole sleeping through the night thing! Happy 7 months birthday and I can't wait to see you! I have lots of hair for you to pull! :)

Elsie E.