Today, as we're getting our 8th inch of snow on the ground (it's March 22, mind you), was my first day of swimmin' lessons. All dolled up in my spanky new zebra print suit, I waded into the water, ready to take on the world. I mean, swimming is just like the bathtub, right? Kick, kick, kick... no problem. Waiiiiit a second. The bathtub doesn't require me to put my mouth and nose in the water. The bathtub doesn't require me to dip my whole head in the water. Wait a minute, I don't think I like this. No...no...pretty sure I don't. Mommy, you're not going anywhere, right? Let me just hold on with all I've got to make sure you don't escape and leave me here all alone, to drown in a sea of water. Ok, you're not going anywhere (right?) so maybe I'll give it another try. As long as you don't go anywhere. Did I mention my desire for you to stay right here holding me? Ok. Kick kick kick. Scoop scoop scoop. Yea, this isn't so bad. It's not laughing/giggling bathtub fun, but it's not so bad. Fine, I'll come back again next week. And at the end, we all sing "Good Bye Cora, Good Bye Cora, Good Bye Cora, until we swim again!". Good bye Conner, Nathan and Bridget n' Miss Holly. I'll see you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment