Where or where has the last 10 months gone??? Babies growing up is supposed to be a big, happy, exciting time. How can it be sad at the same time? Probably because I love (!) my baby girl and I'm going to miss all these "infant" stages as she's slowly transitioning into a "big girl". Only 2 months left as an "infant", then she'll officially be a "toddler". Maybe I can understand why that lady on the Today show has 18 kids - maybe she just loved having the adorably sweet infants and was sad whenever one grew up so she'd just have another. OK, who am I kidding. Maybe I don't understand why you'd ever want 18 kids, but I digress.Back to Cora and her 10th month birthday. What are the big events in month 9 that lead to month 10? Spring, that's something. She officially got to get outside and feel the grass in her toes and she loves it. Not as much as she loves crawling over to the rocks, sucking on them then trowing them into the grass, but all most. We practice our "Hands off!" verbiage here, but it doesn't always work so well. She wrinkles her nose (and instantly looks like daddy), grins and continues on. She's not walking yet but isn't happy just sitting or crawling so she pulls herself up onto everything and walks around furniture. Or, if we're standing somewhere she'll crawl up behind us and pull herself up using our legs - which pretty much renders us immobile until we pick her up. God forbid you should take her and set her back down. If you attempt that, you're destined for an immediate rant that sounds something like "*screams* - I crawled over here for a reason, darnit. Pick me up NOW or I'll just sit here and cry and scream until you feel too guilty not to *screams*". Um, what else? We're a pro at the "milk" and "eat" signs and are working on "more", "water" and "thank you". I think maybe we'll do "mommy" and "daddy" next. Oh, and she's also mastered her princess wave whether she's coming or going. She's now taken 10 weeks of swimming (2 weeks left) and was named "most improved" with her proficient "kickers" and "scoopers", considering she started as a lump who did nothing but get a disgusted look and cry when we'd bring her into the water, this is kind of big deal. Ok, so maybe I'm a little proud and boasting a little. I can't help it. Overall, it has been a growth-filled month 9 and we're looking forward to what month 10 will bring. We're flying to Washington DC in a couple weeks, just Mommy and Baby C, so that'll be something to add to our next Birthday post. Happy happy happy 10 months to my dear, sweet baby girl. I love you.




1 comment:
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Cora is so great! I'm with ya on where does the time go?! I'm so impressed with the sign language - she is a smart girl! It would be great to see you two sometime soon!
Anne and Elsie
Post a Comment