Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mmmm. All cake. All mine.

We celebrated my first birthday last weekend in GF and had a great time. I looooove cake and I love when it's all mine!! Well, at least until I got it in my eyes. Yea, I know, it's all fun n' games until someone gets cake in their eyes. My cake was pretty good except for the dumb fondant. Mommy fell into the "every 1st birthday girl I know has fondant on their cake, so that MUST be the thing to do." Yea, well, while it's pretty, it's pretty overrated is what it is. It tastes bad and when you pull it off, it pulls of the yummy frosting underneath. But, as to not be outdone by all the other 1st birthday girls out there, we had to do it. Next year, straight up frosting, and if we're lucky, maybe even sprinkles. ANYWAY, fondant aside, I had a really great first birthday...I got to spend it with people that I love and I got some great first birthday gifts...thank you everyone!









1 comment:

Tanya said...

How funny! I was way too anal to let my kids get that dirty. It does make for cuter memories. =)